Endlessly Versatile Aluminium Secondary Double Glazing
December 29, 2012
Secondary Double Glazing, Aluminium Double Glazing Systems for Domestic & Commercial
According to the Energy Saving Trust, energy efficient glazing works by utilising the space between two pieces of glass to create a barrier between the colder air outdoors, and the warm air indoors. Styles and materials of double glazing will vary, depending on the intended application and function. UPVC is long lasting and recyclable and timber frames are eco friendly and in keeping with the look of older properties.
Aluminium frames are recyclable, long lasting and versatile, as their strength means a slimmer profile is possible. They can also be moulded into a number of shapes that would not be feasible when using UPVC or wood.
This versatility makes aluminium the perfect material in the manufacture of secondary double glazing systems. Secondary double glazing is widely used where property is listed, exists within a conservation area or where occupants wish to retain the original windows. They are highly effective as energy saving measures and some of their other plus points include:-
- Secondary double glazing does not damage or alter the external façade of the building.
- They are usually acceptable or recommended by Planning and Conservation Officers.
- They are normally less expensive than standard double glazing installations.
- There is a choice of styles such as Lift Outs, Hinged Units, Vertical Sliders and Horizontal Sliders.
- Secondary double glazing units are tough yet unobtrusive, discreet and attractive.
- Can be coated with a wide range of RAL colours in keeping with the surroundings.
First Choice Aluminium H&P offer an excellent selection of quality aluminium double glazing products for domestic or commercial clients. This includessecondary double glazing, aluminium double glazing, curtain walling, commercial windows and sliding, folding doors.
Our long list of successful projects in the Greater Manchester area include contracts for schools, banks, care homes, restaurants, swimming pools, offices and homes. Our popular associate company H&P Double Glazing Ltd are specialists in the supply and installation of domestic UPVC double glazing.
Call our dedicated team at FCAHP on 0161 678 9144